Tuesday 7 June 2005

Kosovan research feasibility study

(The products of this feasibility study can be seen in the research proposal and the fieldwork notes extracts are posted on the human rights archaeology blog; I can't change the title link.)

I'm going to go to Kosovo! On the 4th of July I'll fly out to Italy, visiting a lovely friend who works in cultural property preservation and restoration in Rome and on the 7th (take a train to Bari and) take a ferry across to Durres; from there I'll take a bus through Albania and Macedonia to Prishtine, spending the next four weeks in Prishtine, Prizren and Mitrovice (and visiting elsewhere). After that, hopefully, I'm going to take a bus to Skopje and another bus or a train to Thessaloniki, then visit friends there and in the village in Pieria I worked in; I might even get to visit two friends I made at UCL who're going to be working in Greece at the same time. I think it'll be quickest and easiest if I get a bus from Thessaloniki to Igoumenitsa, then a ferry back to Bari and a train from there to Rome, arriving on the night of the 11th to fly home on the morning of the 12th of August. When I'm in Kosovo, I'm hoping to stay with members of the Hospitality Club, a fantastic network; either side I think I'll be imposing on friends and outstaying my welcome. Any comments, queries, questions or recommendations welcomed (apart from ones observing that "queries" and "questions" are synonyms and therefore one of them is redundant).

(This post's original name - "Kosovan summer" - was changed to help searches.)

No comments:

Post a Comment