Friday 18 May 2007

Richard Littlejohn book review

According to Clioaudio, Richard Littlejohn found - oops, I don't know how, I nearly wrote the Sun - the Daily Mail an insufficient medium to communicate his philosophy, grounded in the twinned ancient Greek arts of sophophobia and gnosiophobia.

I've only read his newspaper articles, but I understand that, as he wanted to try to reach beyond his learned circles and educate the community, he tried to make a picture book, but his unopposed digits made it impossible, so he wrote a monosyllabic book instead.

He considers himself Doestoevsky's prince in the Idiot, but through an unfortunate electrical fault caused by bile seepage into his computer, his work reads more like the work of Brecht's journalist in the Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui. Scholarly reviews are available.

1 comment:

  1. I gather that this book is filled with tasteless vitriol from cover to cover.

    ReplyDelete